Recent Announcements The AWS Cloud platform expands daily. Learn about announcements, launches, news, innovation and more from Amazon Web Services
- Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL M6g and R6g instances now available in N. California, Canada, São Paulo, and London regionsby [email protected] on March 8, 2021 at 11:26 pm
AWS Graviton2-based database instances for Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS) for PostgreSQL are now supported in: US West (N. California), Canada (Central), South America (São Paulo), and Europe (London). Graviton2 instances provide up to 35% performance improvement and up to 52% price/performance improvement over comparable current generation x86-based instances for RDS open source databases depending on database engine, version, and workload. You can launch these database instances when using Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL.
- AWS Lambda adds four Trusted Advisor checksby [email protected] on March 8, 2021 at 10:59 pm
AWS Lambda now supports four new Trusted Advisor checks to help customers optimize the cost, security, function runtime version and fault tolerance of their Lambda functions.
- Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL supports managed disaster recovery (DR) with Cross-Region Automated Backupsby [email protected] on March 8, 2021 at 10:29 pm
Starting today Amazon RDS for PostgreSQL supports Cross-Region Automated Backups. This feature extends the existing Amazon RDS backup functionality, giving you the ability to setup automatic replication of system snapshots and transaction logs from a primary AWS Region to a secondary AWS Region.
- Amazon WorkSpaces is available in the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Regionby [email protected] on March 8, 2021 at 10:15 pm
Amazon WorkSpaces is now available in the Asia Pacific (Mumbai) region, increasing the number of AWS Regions in which WorkSpaces is available to 14. This expansion into a new AWS Region allows you to provision WorkSpaces closer to your users and data, providing a more responsive experience. Additionally, you can better meet data sovereignty requirements without the cost and complexity of building on-premises Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI). For companies that provide services such as customer support, development, or back office services like accounting or IT support, using Amazon WorkSpaces in Asia Pacific (Mumbai) can enable a more reliable way of giving users a persistent desktop while helping you to reduce the risk of data leakage, with the closest possible AWS Region.
- Announcing Kotlin-centric developer experience in Amplify Androidby [email protected] on March 8, 2021 at 8:11 pm
Today, we are announcing first-class support for Kotlin in Amplify Android. Amplify Android is part of AWS Amplify, a set of libraries, tools, and services that help frontend web and mobile developers build secure, scalable, full-stack applications. Kotlin is a popular programming language commonly used by Android developers, among others.